Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy Checks

This is going to be a quick post. I've started a new phase in my life. I've just switched to a career that is going to take me on a freight train to my bliss, and I'm loving it so far! I'm doing school, and trying to maintain somewhat of a life as well in the background of this amazing life change. One thing I will say that I've been learning over the last little while... TIME MANAGEMENT. Phew.

So, here are my thoughts this evening:

Have you ever had that moment in life where things make sense - you're in the right place at the right time, doing what you're meant to do, loving the partner of your dreams, embarking on an amazing journey called "life"? You wake up every morning feeling so grateful to be alive. You know that you were brought to this Earth, at this time, for a purpose.

Yes - this is my life. I am an optimist. I love my life, and one of the things I love most about life is the obstacles. These are what I like to call "happy checks", and they are waiting for you to cash them out. Once you do, they become opportunities to grow to become phenomenally exceptional. 


So, what is my definition of a "happy check"? Think of it like this - you decide to make a change, or you're forced to make a change in your life. Whether that be a career shift, a medical issue, a divorce/breakup, a financial turnaround, etc. This change is just yet another stepping stone in your "hero's journey" towards following your bliss. Then the universe says, "It's time to get paid!" And boom. You get a glorious check!




I was talking to my new boss tonight in the car. We spoke about how we have a choice with our lives. We can wake up in the morning, and either choose to be happy, or choose not to be happy. This is the greatest payday we can experience everyday. However, there is a key to cashing out a happy check. 

You must be willing to take the leap into the unknown.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Whitney! This is what I needed to hear today!